Monday, November 30, 2020

“Hockey puck, rattlesnake, monkey, monkey, underpants!" & "Oy, with the poodles already!"

When Lorelai shares this snapshot of the “scary gibberish” that populates her brain when she tries to write and a phrase can be used to shut up a person that is talking non-stop about a certain subject. - Gilmore Girls

It's unbelievable and really blows my mind that this past October marked the 20th anniversary of the premiere of 'Gilmore Girls!!!

While this show was a nice television break during my undergrad studies with S, it's really standing it's test of time for me. This is one of those shows that acted as a reminder that people (myself pointedly) love this kind of show about family and community. I especially approved of the actors (Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel, Scott Patterson, Kelly Bishop, Edward Hermann - RIP, Melissa McCarthy, Milo Ventimiglia, Liza Weil, Jared Padalecki, Matt Czuchny, Yanic Truesdale, David Sutcliffe...and countless others) chosen to act in all the character roles.

Stars Hollow is undoubtedly one of my happy places and is ever more so now in this chaotic time in the world...it's like a bit of a reassurance and reminder of the love that could be showcased in the past before the pandemic. THIS (as well as the show's unashamed passion for coffee) is why I will still make the time to watch a rerun whenever I come across it!

Who's kidding who? I actually spent this weekend watching Gilmore Girls a year in the life miniseries on Netflix again! (In between different WhatsApp chats with Fayewood and Witkos-in Oz, as well as the 2020 Soul Train Awards on BET) :)

No comments: