Monday, July 22, 2019

The green-eyed monster...

is trying to claw out of me and I'm trying desperately not to let my imagination go wild.

I had recently been receiving alerts that a close university friend (whom I've since lost touch with) from mostly my first and second year has started a wedding and event consulting business.

What stings is the fact that in our past days on SMCSU (st. Michael's college student union), our roles were as the communications commissioner (her role) and officer (my role) and after we had graduated our under grad, one of my first steps was to study wedding planning. I ACTUALLY am a certified wedding planner....but this came to no use as I never did anything with this certificate. Although, this was a stepping stone...as it eventually led me into studying communications where I would have succeeded in my goal had life had not intervened with different plans. *minor detail*

So due to curiosity, I looked into her website and then looked into where she was in life...she's married to the guy she was dating back in university and has a child! ***disclaimer, THIS is where my green-eyed monster started to try to crawl out of me...it's sickening...

The long and short of this post is that even though I am so jealous that my girlfriend seems to have fulfilled a lot of what I may have secretly been trying to fulfil in life, I'm actually pretty proud of knowing that we had (mine have now veered onto a different path but this is besides the point) such similar goals in life. GREAT minds DO think alike!!! That we spent some fabulous times of our lives together and mainly that I can remember that time!

Even better is that I know that there's still more life in the future for me!

So THERE green-eyed monster!!! I HAVE overcome YOU.

THE END

Now moving on...

No comments: