Sunday, April 11, 2021

I Am Paul Walker
Maps to the Stars, 2014 with Julianne Moore, John Cusack and Robert Pattison
I Am Patrick Swayze
The Sit-In: Harry Belafonte - A look at the historic week in 1968, where entertainer and activist Harry Belafonte took over 'The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. Introducing the changing country to legendary guests like Arethat Franklin and Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. as well as the unfortunate assassination of both Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and Bobby Kennedy.
Aisha Brown: The First Black Woman Ever (fun note: she's a Canadian comedian from Toronto)
Chris Rock: Kill the Messenger - performance at South Africa's Carnival City Casion, the Apollo Theatre in New York and the Carling Apollo Ammersmith in London

Had a wonderful surprise phone chat of nearly an hour with bestie, Shelley, earlier this evening after some back and forth messenging earlier in the day. I use the verb, surprise because we'd last messaged a week ago and due to this world crisis, actually met up in person over a year ago (back in 2019, we think...). I'd actually been reminiscing a bit of the past (as we'd met each other back in our undergrad usmc years in bioanthro) while multi-tasking my television binge (see list from above). It was a really nice mind-foreshadowing bit...
Considering we're both up to our ears in our busy lives, I love that we can still pick up where we've left off like the next page in our story (something I noted with regret that I haven't had the time to write her any of my insane email novels that I used to send when I was able to find time to waste...luckily or unluckily(?) my current employment enables me to utilize all my free time) and it's with great hopefulness that we can meet in person sometime this year. *Fingers-crossed*

No comments: