Sunday, April 25, 2021

‘A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.’ - Christopher Reeve

In rememberance of Carmi: RIP

Pulled a 10 hr workshift most of this week but was surprised to receive a call from bestie, S at 4:30pm on Wednesday. Considering most of my team works from home or had called it a day already, I had no reservations in receiving the call. S was so grateful that I had picked up...she was actually mainly surprised that I had answered the call like I had a premonition (I hadn't but let's call it a bestie sense tingling...) due to reading the unfortunate news about her first love by chance...

We've since caught up a bit more today as she was on her way home. Unfortunately, details are still sparse but at least I'm glad that I've been able to give some advice that hadn't occurred to her. This is all still a relatively new processing to an event that's already happened since the beginning of this year so we've agreed that at this point, it's all after the fact condolences.

Still, when she does reach out at least she'll have some potential reaction scenarios planned so that there will be few surprises...regardless to the saddest news already...

No comments: