Tuesday, May 26, 2020

It’s not how you fall, it’s about how you get back up!

- Pitbull - I believe that we will win

Occupying my time...
Never a moment to be wasted, this weekend's original plan of visiting the dentist and having a games party at my place had to be rearranged/rescheduled therefore the weekend time was spent watching Michelle Obama's Netflix 'Becoming' as well as continuing on the cleanup of recorded shows, the oldest was Jan 19, 2020's 26th Annual Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards.

Tots 💕Eugene & Dan Levy’s opening & closing show routines, they represent the Canadians so well!
It was during the SAG Awards cleanup that Leonardo DiCaprio presented Robert DeNiro the Life Achievement Award.

'There's a right and there's a wrong.
And there's common sense and there's abuse of power.
And as a citizen, I have as much right as anybody, an actor, an athlete, a musician.
Anybody else to voice my opinion, and if I have a bigger voice because of my situation, I'm going to use it whenever I see a blatant abuse of power.'

It was through hearing about the motion picture parasite as the first foreign language film in the history of SAG to win this award that motivated us to go and see the film at the closest theatre by Ames' place! At the time, I had no idea about the premise of the film. Afterwards though, I fully understood how this could be a possibility and it's scary that it IS a possibility!

I've also been watching Celebrity IOU with the Property Brothers and have seen the episodes where Brad Pitt and Michael Buble have helped to give back to their most loved ones. Heart-warming!

Closing out the weekend, I watched the last taped episode of KidsSaytheDarndestThings with TiffanyHaddish, the funniest moments of the season (the closer). It was a fun show but I've heard that it is one of the shows that will NOT be renewed. So that is that.

Also, the Canadian Screen Awards have begun! (check it all out at https://www.academy.ca/)
The Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television, in partnership with CBC and CTV and with the support of Telefilm Canada and the Canada Media Fund, are live-streaming virtual presentations on the Canadian Academy Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube channels taking place Monday, May 25, 2020 through Thursday, May 28, 2020.
Narrators will include Eric McCormack, Herbie Kuhn, and Lloyd Robertson.

No comments: