Sunday, December 01, 2019

Telestration

I haven't had such a fun evening as I had last night in such a loooooooong time!!!! There was drama...good food AND so much fun with the game played afterwards!

It all began with Louie's personal invitation to join in a Christmas gathering with his and Karen's choir friends back in October. Accepting the invitation was simply the first step. Figuring out the logistics turned into a bit of a headscratcher as due to his mass commitments, Louie and Karen had originally decided that Karen would pick me up and we would hang out at her mom's place before he would pick us up and go to the party.

Turns out that Karen's piano commitments went much longer than expected and in the end, Louie came to pick me up. The traffic was pretty slow going and we ended up meeting Karen at Gill and Ron's house at approximately the same time. Their other friends, Mary and Flo had already arrived and were having appetizers. C'est la vie...

Gill and Ron's kids, Jordan and Marcus entertained us with the piano and their own games (they're both under 10 years) before we all dug into the wonderful potluck that we'd all brought to eat!

Afterwards, due to Louie's mass commitments this morning, he had to depart earliest but the rest of us (minus the kids who went to bed) began two rounds of Telestration...a new game to me!

Telestration is a party board game in which players are prompted to sketch a word listed on a card, then guess what the other players have drawn. My two hands that I made up 'my imagination isn't phenomenal' were: The cat is in the hat, which BECAME cat in the hat with thing 1 & thing 2 as well as Dime a dozen, which BECAME pacman eating money at 10:20pm!!!

I don't recall laughing so hard in quite a long time!!! It was SUCH a fantastic evening!!! I mean, I don't think I'll play this game ever again but it was fun while it lasted!!!

No comments: