Sunday, December 29, 2019

I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles...

- Christopher Reeve (1952-2004)

Taking advantage of the holiday season, went for afternoon tea at the King Eddy with Faye and Romz last Sunday evening. What an array of good food and conversation!!! We had such a fabulous time that we'd even chatted up with the server, whose name is Kenny. We'd made such an impression that when I'd went to the King Eddy again for Christmas Eve dinner with the nuclear family, Kenny happened to be our server as well...& he remembered me and all of our names!!!

Christmas Day was spent over a lovely dim sum brunch and then we all went to see Bombshell.
I'm not going to lie, even though the movie was a good filler of interesting information and good acting (especially Charlize Theron, Nicole Kidman and John Lithgow), I found it a little too fast for me. One of those, possibly see again if I'm interested (I'm not tho…).

Yesterday was a busy and full day for me!
I had been invited to join in Eugene's birthday dinner celebration but then Karen had added a games play date at Snakes & Lattes in the early afternoon, how could I refuse?


Going to Snakes and Lattes was a fun experience with Karen, Eugene, Patrick, Vanessa and Cristina! Sure, it makes sense that everyone is charged a certain amount to be present and play the games...how else is money made?

We spent the afternoon playing 'Sushi Go' and Telestration.

Not going to lie, playing these games are fun but it also helps that I had a 'Boozy Coffee' (made up of classic coffee and baileys) as well! :)


After bidding our farewells when the games finished, I hung out at the Starbucks on the other side of the street waiting for Louie to pick me up so that we could head over to 'sauga for where Eugene's dinner at Astoria Shish Kebob House. There, I enjoyed a Mousaka (made up of ground beef in eggplant, rice and potatoes), finishing off with a slice of black sesame cake that had been purchased at Maxim's!
What I enjoyed most was that even though everyone had joined the party for Eugene's celebration, Louie was ceremoniously included in a belated birthday celebration as well (he's a boxing day baby!!!), yay!!!

I suppose that with the use of imagination (or not?), this would qualify as falling under hero status!!!

No comments: