Saturday, June 09, 2007

I love visiting the National Gallery. Every single time I walk into that building, the guide shows the group something different, something new. This week, my favorite painting was A.Y. Jackson's "The Red Maple."



Another favorite place to visit is Byward Market. I suggested the french bakery to the kids, and then spent a lunch hour with some of the boys. We even tried out some teas at the tea shop across St. George st. The shop staff were so nice. I told them about my constant cough that doesn't seem to want go away, and they put together a nice concoction of herbs for me to try.

We even went to an Ottawa Lynx vs. Durham Bulls game at the Jetform Park. We had a picnic dinner of burgers and hot dogs and then 3 hrs of sitting in a very windy stadium. I didn't hold out for very long, and after about half an hour, retreated into the stadium restaurant and watched the rest of the game from the box area.

Before I forget, I wanted to write a little paragraph on this amazing sandwich restaurant that Manny took me to on monday for lunch. It's call "Sandwich Box". They make all their bread fresh daily, and is healthy and pricey (about $6.85.) hahaha. Each sandwich comes with a side salad, and you can pick any three options to put in the sandwich, including the type of bread and spread.

Tuesday evening, met up with some of the CCMers at the Beer Bistro for a quick bite and greet before meeting up with Michelle to see "Brand against the Brain" showing at the Elgin Theatre. Part of the Luminato festival, it is a cute black and white movie by director, Guy Maddin. It used a live TSO orchestra, narrator, singer, and other people to make the sounds that a normal movie would have. Without those distractions, I probably would have gotten pretty motion sick as it was what I would call "contemporary."

With the gorgeous weather from today, I will be rollerblading at harborfront this evening.

No comments: