Saturday, June 02, 2007

Alright, how do I start this thing?

I am currently sitting at work, staring out of one of their huge "floor to ceiling" windows and struggling not to fall asleep. I just came back from an Ottawa tour this week, and it was by far the most tiring trip. My cough has been off and on about getting better, but by trying to project my voice out to a crowd of teens just takes its toll on my throat. It's now so completely hoarse that I don't even know how anyone can understand what I'm saying.

The Ottawa trip itself was a lot of fun. We visited the usual attractions, but new things to see included attending the "Question period" at the House of Commons as well as visiting the Diefenbunker. Question period was super cool because I was able to see all the MP's together, and it was almost a full house. Jack Layton, Stephen Harper, Giles Duceppe, Stephane Dion, Olivia Chow, Ken Dryden....they were ALL there. And they all sounded like little children bickering over a toy. So much fun!

But the children were exhausting. Sometimes I look at them and realize how TV dramas come up with so much fodder for their shows. It's THEM. I am sooooo glad that I wasn't like that when I was little...or wasn't given the opportunity to be like that. hahaha.

Ames came back from Europe yesterday too. We all met up at Yorkdale and had dinner at Moxies. Then we went home to unpack and unwind. Unfortunately, I had to force myself NOT to sleep because Shelley was having a little girl's out gathering for her birthday and I knew if I went to sleep, I wouldn't have been able to wake myself up.

Driving to Demetres was very difficult so I ended up going there, and then leaving as soon as she came. At least I made an appearance!

It has been suggested that I take some bedrest. And I will, but it will probably be Monday and Tuesday. It's always hard to not fill up my time with friends and family. But it's about time I just stay a day in bed!

No comments: