Monday, June 18, 2007

I finally went to Shoppers yesterday and spoke with the pharmacist about an over the counter cough medicine for my chronic cough. He said it sounded like I had a mild lung infection... :0 Well, no use but to drink up now. I dislike cough syrup because it leaves such a bitter aftertaste. One more week left of touring, and then I will be able to really relax and get better.

Last week's five day tour to Quebec City was awesome. There was so much free time for shopping that my addiction has once again flared. I bought all these new tops and hoodies from Simons, and shoes from Aldo, AND a new bikini from Garage!!! I keep justifying these purchases by telling myself that I'm buying them for Australia. hahahaha.

A bunch of tour managers went out thursday night and we partied it up at the Dag until 3am!!!! The first floor had performances by these guys who looked like they were part of KISS, and they rocked out 80s tunes. We stayed downstairs for a good couple of hours, and then went upstairs where they played normal club beats. I have to say that it was one of the best times in terms of clubbing in a looong time. There were people there but not so many that it was crowded. The music was fantastic, and there was a nice mix of guys and girls in our group.

I have to say touring is one of the best things I did for myself. Ryan and Christine showed me the back way of the Dufferin terrace on tuesday. It's the largest terrace in North America! Such gorgeous views of the St. Lawrence river. Every week I see new things, discover new places, meet new people. The children are a blast to work with. Sure, there are random annoyances, but it's all part of the job.

This weekend was the first weekend off in forever. Cat took me to the Holt Renfrew spa on bloor street where she treated me to a hot stone massage!!! I had my massage first, then we went to Pusateri's and had cafe au laits while sitting on the patio in the nice hot sun. Then I went shopping (see a pattern here?) while she went for her massage. After a nice looooong afternoon nap, I went out in the evening with Shelley.

For Father's day, Ames and I bought him a watch because it broke after/during Ames' LSAT test. I have discovered that I do not like looking at watches. They bore me. hahaha. Ames has even sold me her laptop, so now I have one more thing ready for Oz!

Three weeks before I leave! But it doesn't feel like it. I will probably feel it once work is done...if it is EVER done!

No comments: