Friday, March 06, 2020

'Leave a Light On'

Alex Karev's sendoff from the Grey's Anatomy Series March 5, 2020

I made the decision to not watch yesterday's episode that was another one of Grey's original character's closing storyline...partly because I had read some articles giving me an idea of what was to come but the reviews seemed to be negative.
However, after reading Ellen Pompeo's message:
Hi here I go again … Thank YOU! You are truly the best most passionate most loyal fans anyone could ever ask for. Because of you we got to make great tv... because of you we got to make television history! I say often life is hard and thank God it is because like I tell my kids... it shows us what we are made ...of how strong we really are and let's face it... without the lows there would be no dancing it out or celebrating this incredible experience we call life. Thanks to our national treasure @therealdebbieallen and the writers for giving Alex Karev the best send off. Thanks to @shondarhimes for creating the most amazing character. For me personally for Karev to go back to the beginning... was the best possible storyline. It pays homage to those incredible first years and the incredible case … that created a foundation so strong that the show is still standing. So let's not be sad. As our fearless leader DA always says let's PULL UP and celebrate the actors the writers and the fantastic crew who make this show come to life every week. No matter what the challenge or how tired we all are in the end... you keep us going..... That is worth dancing it out over! So much love and gratitude to you all. Xo E
it made me WANT to watch it to make my own judgement on how Justin Chamber's character was wrapped up.

I must say that I disagree with a lot of the negative comments. I'm mainly surprised by the reaction as I personally loved the flashbacks and approve of how they wrapped up the storyline for this character who's been on this journey with Meredith since the beginning. It really does give new meaning to leaving the light on!

This is my conclusion. I’m including a timeline of grey’s characters and the seasons they were on for:


as well as an image as to what happened to the characters:

...that is all!

No comments: