Monday, October 28, 2019

Tried a wonderful Thai reso called 'Khmer Thai' off of St. Clair W Thursday evening with Jordan. Jordan ordered the yellow curry chicken with sweet potato & eggplant, I ordered a pad thai that we both split (but the curry had a bit of a kick to it) and we also shared two spring rolls (vegetarian and chicken).

Saturday was busy beginning with checking in with a massage master (who I hadn't gone in to see in over a year and half due to health issues) in the morning before heading to a Cathay Ball Orientation at Mon Sheong Foundation from 1:30-4pm. The Cathay Ball is one of the biggest events of the year for the Foundation! It's one of my favorites as everyone, even the volunteers dress up to the nines. The tickets cost like a fortune and everyone gets amazing performances and food. The volunteers also get a fabulous buffet dinner (just not in a sit down meal like the paid guests). If I had the choice, I would attend the Cathay Ball...however, I've two other events happening this upcoming weekend.

After being picked up from the orientation, I was dropped off for dinner at Paisano's with my parents and dad's bridge buddies. There we had a wonderful dinner (I split a penne vodka with sautéed mushrooms, penne pasta with vodka rose sauce with mom) before the group headed back to our place where as the bridge commenced, I caught up on some of my MANY television shows! Once the game was finished, we all had some amazing dessert and coffee before the guests went home and I conked out!

Sunday was a lazy day where after sleeping in, had a hardcore workout that proceeded a fabulous brunch with Romz and Fayewood at the Sunset Grill. Considering neither of the girlies had ever tried the Grill, we had a nice relaxing time with fabulous dishes! Romz was sweet enough to be my ride to and from the Grill!

There was no relaxing right afterwards as Ames had come back from a trip to Jamaica Sunday morning so the rents and I went downtown later in the afternoon to hang out with her and Mr. Trudeau, hear how the trip was and then a family dinner to finish off the weekend! :)

No comments: