Wednesday, August 01, 2012

It feels quite odd to be posting on my blog once again...especially since it's been so long since I've really written or have been part of the blog world now.

At the same time, it's nice to have an outlet once again for anyone (random or I know) to find out what I'm thinking or feeling.

So much has changed in the past five years.  I've overcome alot in this time...yet at the same time, still have so much to achieve.  Especially because at times I look around and see all that my friends, family and peers are doing...and I feel so stuck or left behind.

I'm not intimidated or sad about anything in my situation...I just feel like I can do so much more, or that I have the ability to do more...yet have not been given the opportunity to do this.

For example, I've enrolled in a half year (four days a week, therefore it's suggested people in this program not be working) Redirection Through Education - For You Program at George Brown College that begins in September.  Personally, I am excited about going out and learning how to deal with the new challenges that I am facing in life and work, as well as possibly meeting so many new people in this program.

However, I've found that there is another side to this...I've noticed that there's another way people see this program...that I may meet the 'wrong' kind of people/crowd.

The thing is, there's no way I can come to any conclusion yet because I have not even attended a day...so I have no idea what to expect in terms of class dynamics.  The way I see it...no assumptions until September.

At the same time, I'm getting ready for my best friend's wedding (in approximately three weeks)!  She's currently still in Chicago with her fiance, and won't be back for another ten days.  Until then, I'm sure there is still much to do...for example, getting fitted for clothing?!?!?

Also, because they don't have time for any bridal registry, I don't know what (if any) the situation is for wedding gifts! 

So it's exciting, yet also stressful...c'est la vie, non?

No comments: