Tuesday, June 28, 2005

oh a whim, i decided to blog...my sleeping habits have gone to the dogs, oh well, i suppose i'm just minimizing the jet lag!

sooo, FRANCE! everyone's been asking me if i'm excited to go. of course i am. except that i have this annoying project i have to do before i leave. st. mike's called me last week to ask if i was interested in writing a piece on convocation and my experiences at smc. naturally i agreed to do it. and now i have to write it. and of course, i'm procrastinating!

i'm getting money on wednesday, as there were no pounds available today, and not enough euros. but that's ok because i don't even have my bank card! the airhead that i am, i accidently left my bank card and my old driver's license (my new one came in the mail today!) with liz from yesterday (i'll get to that in a sec) and i DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IT. well, until she emailed me and told me today. and this isn't the first time i'm left my bank card and not known it. i think i've left many items accidently in matt's car, and he'd randomly call me up and tell me. hahaha. oh so not a good thing!

right, on to yesterday: metric, broken social scene and modest mouse on centre island! sorry grace, i really did want to see you (and everyone else) go dragonboating, but it was way too early, and even though the event i went to didn't start until 2pm, liz and i didn't even get to the island until after 5pm. we stopped off at the second cup at union station, and they undercharged her and forgot to ask me to pay. hahahaha. i didn't see the necessity in reminding them...especially AFTER i had it, it was so gross, so full of sugar! i think i felt queasy after that. but the delicious pizza pizza got me back on my feet! yesterday's event was so good! i even got a metric t-shirt, although i'm pretty sure i got it because it was PINK. hahaha.

monica came back from examining in vancouver, and i had a morning meeting with her saturday morning at 8:30AM. it was insane. i was so incredibly tired after that, and i don't think i've recovered since! and what did we discuss? nothing that was important. the only thing i got out of that was a free breakfast. righto.

and as juju mentioned from her blog, we had a good time at grandma's birthday last thursday. there WAS a bit of awkwardness but i was at the same table with grandma and her best friends. i'm so lucky that i got to know her friends, so all i kept hearing that night was mostly "oh my, you're so grown up and so pretty!" i love little old chinese ladies!

ah well, look at the time. it's nearly 1:30am. and i got some crazy mosquito bites tonight, that are driving me insane. damn those little buggers.

alright then, i'll leave you all a very lovely website. it's about a guy who's been teaching english in japan for almost year, and it's great.

1 comment:

s3cyw said...

have fun on ur trip! take lots of pictures 2 show us!!